Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Knitting Project – 3rd Sweater of the School Year

As the title says, I’m on to my third knitting project of this school year.  It’s another sweater, like the last two projects, but it uses a different pattern.  Each sweater I make is unique in it’s own way and greatly differs from the other sweaters I made.  This time I’m making Interweave Knits’ Nora’s Sweater by Pamela Powers in the Winter 2009 magazine of Interweave Knits.  It’s a beautiful sweater that incorporates pleating, lacework, and cabling all into one sweater while keeping the project relatively simple.  I really like the design and can’t wait to see how mine turns out.

So far, I’m about an eighth done with the back piece of the sweater.  I started it yesterday, so I’m rather happy with my progress.  The result is coming along well too.  It looks gorgeous and a little better than the picture.  But that’s because I’m slightly biased and putting my whole soul into making this sweater.  I want it to be the best it can be.  I’m getting better at sweater making and am hoping to show some of my work at my local fair.  If all goes well, I’ll enter this sweater along with one of the previous ones I made. 

When I get more done, I’ll post pictures.  It’s nice to have lots of progress pictures, but I don’t want to overload the site and turn it into more of a media blog instead of a costuming/sewing/crafting blog.  I might post pictures of my other sweaters.  My first one is done and the second is at least half way finished.  I took a break from the second sweater because the sleeve pattern/design was driving me insane.  Overly time consuming/difficult/repetitious patterns are really annoy to knit.  I’m really enjoying the pattern for the third sweater.  Even though it’s mainly uses the stocking stitch, I like how fast I can knit the pattern without having to think too much about what I’m knitting. 

I’ll keep you posted on the sweater and post pictures when possible.  When I get the chance, I’ll talk about some of the crafts I make other than sewing.  I’ve considered doing that more often, but I’ve also thought of making a separate crafting blog.  Then again, another blog means more time spent blogging in my already cram packed schedule. 

I’d love to hear what you think.  Should I start a new crafting blog or incorporate my crafting into this blog?  Remember that I have school, sewing, 4-H, extracurricular activities as well as a possible job to think about besides blogging and cosplaying/costuming.  I’ll leave a month long poll up in the sidebar.  If you’d like to post a reply to my question, that’s great!  Just keep it civil as in no rude, insulting, slanderous, obscene, condemning, and/or demeaning comments.  If you don’t have something nice to say, as in constructive, helpful, informative, positive, and/or insightful (for or against), then don’t say anything until you’ve changed your mindset to something positive.  This goes for all my posts.  If you don’t want to post, then voting is great.  But voting and commenting is even better!  *^_^*

Thank you for reading.  Have a great day, week, month and year.  Until next post!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment