Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cosplay Plans for the First Con of 2011

My first con for 2011 is coming up in May so I'm making cosplays for it of  course.  It'll be my first con attending as an attendee, and I'm really excited!  It's a four day con so I'm hoping to debut a new cosplay each day.  So far I've got four cosplays picked out with a fifth as a backup. 

temarichanFor day one, I want to go as Temari from Naruto Shippuden.  I really like her black kimono and from what I've seen of her character, she's pretty awesome.  I'm going to watch more of Shippuden to get a better idea of her character, but she's the first Naruto character I've wanted to cosplay besides Sakura.  I'm buying this cosplay since I found a really good deal from another cosplayer and it would be more cost efficient to buy it.  I'll post pictures when I get the costume hopefully within the next two weeks.  I'm going to make her wig and shoes myself, but I don't quite know what I'll do for her fan.  I'll figure it out as time goes on.  I’m stoked and nervous about this cosplay all at the same time.  It’ll be my first time cosplaying a popular character from a new anime. 

AnnaFF4TAY

I also want to cosplay Anna from Final Fantasy 4: The After Years on day one because there is going to be a Final Fantasy photo shoot that day.  Her outfit consists of an ankle-length dress with a blue sash, waist-length orange hair, and an orange barrette.  I can probably buy the dress and either find or make the sash.  The barrette shouldn’t be too hard to find either.  As for the hair, I should be able to use my own since it’s a similarish color now that I dyed it. 

vlcsnap-2011-03-17-06h49m21s5For day two, I want to go as Kotomi from Clannad.  I'm planning on wearing a white sun dress, since she wears a white sun dress in one of the episodes and I don't have much money to spare.  I’m going to look around at second hand and thrift stores for this cosplay.  If it doesn’t work then I’ll try for another one of her casual outfits.  I’ll be styling her wig too which I am excited for too.  I can’t wait to try out my ideas for how to make her hairstyle work while staying as true to the anime as possible. 

1. Akari_MizunashiDay three will be Akari from ARIA the Animation.  I absolutely love her summer uniform and can't wait to wear it.  So far the costume is 2/3 done.  I just have to make the fuku, shoes, glove, and hat.  I'm ordering a new prestyled wig cause I'm new to wig styling and it’s more cost efficient if I do.  I don’t have a lot to say about this cosplay because I’ve been talking about it a lot in my other posts.

1l3nzh0m Day four I’ll be one of two potential cosplays, either Maria Ross from Fullmetal Alchemist or Sheeta from Castle in the Sky.  I say one of two because I don’t know if I’ll have the Maria cosplay done in time.  I also thought of having Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as a back up but that will depend on finances.  I found one that I can buy for a good price, but I don’t know if I’ll have enough money or not yet.  I’ll also have to buy a wig for it now that I’ve dyed my hair.  I don’t think Haruhi will end up being an option.  Sheeta Pazu 6  

haruhi2

 

Three potential cosplays, Sheeta and long haired Haruhi.

As I said I’m really excited for this con.  I’m going there to have a great time and meet lots of new people.  There are a whole bunch of things I’d like to do at the con,  like group photo shoots, a formal dinner/ball, and the cosplay contest/masquerade.  I want to enter my Akari cosplay in the cosplay contest/masquerade.  I’m a little nervous about doing so, but I’ll just do my best.  I might make a few group/photo shoot cosplays as well.  I still have a lot to do to prepare for this con especially if my friend(s) want to cosplay with me, but if that happens it’s for a different post.  Thank you so much for reading, and I hope to see you again soon.  ^_^ 

To the glory of God the father and Jesus his son.

Signing off, Narnian

No comments:

Post a Comment