Monday, March 28, 2011

Knitting Update and Pictures

As I mentioned in the post “Knitting Project Update – New Yarn and Future Projects” I’m currently knitting a sweater.  It’s my take on the Nora’s Sweater from the Interweave Knits winter 2009 magazine.  Currently, I’m about halfway done with the project.  I have the back, back inset and about half of the left sleeve done.  I still have to make the right sleeve, front right and front left panels, and yoke not to mention sew it all together. 

So far the sweater looks beautiful.  I chose a rich purple for the base/main color and a redish purple for the secondary/accent color.  Originally the color differentiation started out as an accident.  I accidentally got two different colors of purple thinking they were the same color.  Nevertheless, I love the results.  The color variation adds to the sweater’s character while not distracting from the pattern’s graceful design. 

I have a picture of my progress to share.  I’m really happy with my work and can’t wait to see how it turns out, especially since I have to buy more redish purple dye so I can match the color variation of the back panel on the front panels.  The picture was a quick picture I snapped for my Ravelry account.  It’s not the best quality, but it shows the progress well. 

HPIM2901

I also have pictures of my previous knitting project.  I made the Aquitaine Pullover from the same Interweave Knits issue a few months back, but I never posted pictures.  So I took a couple and thought I’d share. 

HPIM2910 HPIM2912

HPIM2913 HPIM2916

It was my first major sweater project.  I’m rather proud of it.  The pattern turned out well.  It’s also really comfy and the color match much of my wardrobe well.  I might end up entering this in a local fair if I get the chance.  I’d like to enter the purple sweater as well if it gets done in time. 

To conclude, thank you for reading.  Your views mean so very much to me.  I really appreciate it.  Have a good day and a wonderful week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment