Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Leather-crafting Project

As part of my last year in 4-H , I’m doing a leather-craft project.  For this project, I decided to make Susan Pevensie’s Battle Outfit from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian movie.  Only the corset will be made of leather, but if I make the corset then I have to make the rest of the outfit.  This is one of my favorite dresses that Susan wears in the entire movie series  Originally, I made this outfit for the premiere of Prince Caspian with a lot of help from one of my sewing friends.  The first costume was an embarrassment to say the least, but I loved it.  For a first costume based on small or blurry pictures it was great, but I’m a perfectionist when is comes to sewing so I want my costumes to be perfect or at least close enough.  All that to say that I’m working to remake my first costume over the next year and a half.  I’m giving myself a huge time span because I want everything as perfect as possible and most of the pieces will take a while to make, like the chain mail.  I’m also giving myself plenty of time for school and shipping if I order any of my pieces. 

Ok, so by now you’re probably wondering what the outfit looks like, especially after I went into so much detail to explain why I’m making it (again).  Don’t worry pictures are coming next.   You can find really high quality pictures on NarniaWeb.com’s costume sub section.

su - battle suredhighlight2

3807

UNTITLED00784.jpg UNTITLED00646A.jpg

I’m going to start working on the corset first as it’s for my leather crafting project.  From there I have no idea what will be make next as I cannot guarantee when I’ll find the materials for the next pieces.  I can’t wait to start working on this project!  I might make the accessories as well, but that’s a bit unsure at the moment.  I’d really love to make the bow, quiver, and bracer.  ^_^

Thank you for reading and please keep in touch.  This is Narnian signing off.  Later!

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful costume. I'm sure it is going to turn out great.

    ReplyDelete