Saturday, March 12, 2011

Knitting Project Update – New Yarn and Future Projects

Joann Fabrics & Crafts had a yarn sale this week as part of National Craft Month.  I got to go on Friday and was able to get a lot of awesome yarn for my upcoming knitting projects.  I got enough yarn for four or five projects for under $30.  I also got a couple knitting needle sets and the newest issue of Interweave Knits.  ^_^  I’m very happy with what I got for the price though I want to find a way to get higher quality yarn at a better price. 

My next knitting projects all come from various Interweave Knits magazines.  After I finish my current project, I want to work on the Embroidered Apron pattern in the 2009 issue of Interweave Knits Weekend.  Once that’s done, I want to work on the Gooseberry Cardigan from the same issue and maybe make a Dumpling Bag from the Fall 2008 issue of Interweave Knits.  Those are all the projects I’m certain I have yarn for though I really want to make a lot of other projects including a few birthday and Christmas presents.

With how quickly I knit and how easy the projects are, I’ll probably have all the above mentioned projects done by the end of this semester in May.  That is if I focus on knitting in class a bit more and sewing doesn’t get in the way too much.  I’m so glad that my professors don’t mind me knitting in class.  Most of the students enjoy it and even the professors want to know how the project is coming.  I still have to remember that I have a lot of other sewing projects to work on for 4-H and my spring geek convention.  Sometimes I wish there was such a thing as a knitting convention.  I would love to go and discuss and learn about knitting for a whole weekend.  That would be so much fun!  I’ll have to look into my idea to see if there is such a thing and if not how to make one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment