Friday, February 11, 2011

Sango Preparations – Fabric and Armor

I found the perfect fabric for my Sango cosplay.  It’s a Milliskin Matte (Tricot), Four Way Stretch in black that can be found here.  It’s taken me a long time to find the fabric I wish to use.  I want to get my Sango cosplay as accurate as possible, even with the sheen.  It’s a very hard sheen to match since it changes from picture to picture.  Sometimes it looks like a matte while other times it looks like a gloss.  Personally I like the matte look better.  It won’t glare so much and will have a better effect in photos.  I’m going to send in for a test swatch of my top three fabric choices to double check my decision.  I’ll the fabric know for sure in about a week or two hopefully.

Now that I’ve found the fabric, I have to focus on the rest of the cosplay. I intend to use the same fabric for her boots as the leotard so I just have to get souls for the boots.  As for armor, I’m thinking of using pink vinyl atop craft foam.  Craft foam is easy to use as well as inexpensive while vinyl should have the right feel and look to it.  I don’t know what I’m going to do for the silver/gray edging around the armor yet, but I’ll figure that out as time goes on. 

I haven’t decided what fabric to use for her ties and collar edging.  I was thinking of using red satin or silk, but I haven’t priced that idea yet.  I also need to get the pattern for the leotard.   Overall, I think the pattern is going to cost the most.  I’m planning to use Kwik Sew 3052 as my base pattern.  Kwik Sew patterns almost never go on sale and cost at least $9 for one pattern.  Yikes!  The pattern is worth it though because I can use it for other spandex related projects in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment