Friday, February 18, 2011

Akari Update 5

I finished the appliqué for the bottom part of the under dress today.  It looks so cool!  The general shape is different then I expected, but I love it nonetheless.  Sadly I don’t have any pictures to share cause I can’t find a camera.  I’ll post pictures of the full under dress as soon as I’m done.  I should be able to find a camera by then. 

It’s almost astonishing that I’m almost done with my project.  I don’t have much left to do.  If I keep at it I should be able to finish the under dress and the fuku, maybe even the hat, by the end of February.  All I have left to do is hem the under dress, finish the slit, prepare and cut out the fuku (which shouldn’t be that hard), cut out and apply the appliqué to the fuku, sew the fuku, make the bow, make the glow, apply the appliqué to the glove, draft and cut out the hat, appliqué the hat, sew the hat, and finish the hat.  Ok, so I have a bit more to do than I thought, but I know I can at least get the under dress and fuku done.  Especially, if school continues to have lax amounts of homework.  I love being able to relax more after last week. 

The hat and glove shouldn’t be that hard though I dread making another glove out of non-stretch fabric.  This time I will include ease.  I’m still having trouble with the last pair of gloves I made.  -_-  Ah well, live and learn to not make the same mistakes again.  I don’t know how to make the gold ring for the glove yet.  I had thought of using craft foam, but I don’t know how well that will work.  I have to get the supplies for the jewel and cast it as well. 

As for the shoes, I might have found a good pair of base shoes, but they’re a bit out of my price range.  I’ll have to keep looking and hope I find the right pair fairly soon.  I only have till mid May to get this and three other cosplays done.  Yes, three.  The con is four days instead of three.  I’m so excited even though I’ll have to sew my heart out for a week or two before the con.  Ah, such is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment