Saturday, February 5, 2011

Akari Update 4

I finished the first part of the under dress today.  The lining is in place along with the zipper.  Now all I have left to do is make and attach the appliqué for the bottom of the dress and finish the slit.  I cut the dress too short originally so I have to make up for it by adding fabric to the bottom.  I’m actually pleased that I have to add the add the extra fabric.  Though it decreases the accuracy of the cosplay, it makes it easier to attach the bottom appliqué. 

I’m really happy with the way the dress is coming along.  So far it’s the most accurate cosplay I’ve made.  I love it already!  The dress fits wonderfully.  It’s a bit tight in the hips, but I can live.  I only had to fit it once this time, which is a first.  Usually it takes me three or more times to get the dress or garment to fit correctly.   This cosplay has a bunch of firsts woven into it.  It was my first appliqué project, my first zipper that turned out well, my first easy fitting project, my first total modification project, and my first time working with a vented slit.  I’m so happy with it!  I’ve learned so much so far!  I can’t wait to see what else I learn before it’s complete. 

I have a couple pictures to share.  Enjoy!

IMAG0512 IMAG0513


No comments:

Post a Comment