Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sango Preparation – Weapons and Accessories

Sango has a lot of accessories.  She has her infamous Hiraikotsu, wakizashi, dagger gauntlet, mask, rope, chain, salve, as well as demon slaying poisons, smoke, and paralyzing salve.  Her Hiraikotsu is carried across her back with a strap fastening while her wakizashi is tucked into her belt on left side.  Theses are the two prominent accessories.  Her lesser known accessories are usually hidden away in her outfit.  Her dagger gauntlet in hidden under her right sleeve.  Her rope is tucked away in her right shoulder armor while her healing ointment/salve is in her left shoulder armor. 

vlcsnap-2010-09-13-04h20m53s21

Sango holding her Hiraikotsu.

vlcsnap-2010-09-19-17h49m16s37

Sango preparing to draw her wakizashi.

vlcsnap-2011-02-18-04h21m21s181

The dagger gauntlet in her right sleeve

vlcsnap-2010-09-13-04h22m19s109 

Sango’s mask flying through the air.

 vlcsnap-2011-01-02-20h12m07s191

Sango preparing to throw her rope.

 vlcsnap-2011-02-18-04h05m40s234

Sango releasing a chain to trip her enemy.

vlcsnap-2011-02-06-04h14m13s227

Sango’s antiseptic ointment in shell case.

I want to make as many accessories as I can.  So far I’m planning to make her Hiraikotsu, wakizashi, dagger gauntlet, mask, rope, and salve/poison containers.  I’d really like to have a working Hiraikotsu.  I’d be so much fun to play with, but I have no idea how to accomplish that task. 

As for the other props, the wakizashi is easy enough.  I just have to find a convincing sword and decorate it, or I can make my own or commission it.  The dagger gauntlet is the same as the wakizashi/sword.  I might commission this one since I want it to be able to spring up.  I’m planning to make the mask out of craft foam, and I can get the rope at a store.  I don’t know where to get the grip yet.  The salve/poison containers aren’t hard either.  They are simple shell cases.  I’d like to use real shells, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen.

I still have to get most of the supplies for her weapons and props.  I’m thinking of commissioning her Hiraikotsu and dagger gauntlet if I can get the money.  I don’t have to have the dagger gauntlet this year, but I’d definitely want to have the Hiraikotsu.  I’ll know in the next month or two if I’ll make the Hiraikotsu or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment