Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vorfeed Update 1

I’ve been working on my Vorfeed cosplay for the past few days.  It’s about 45% complete.  So far, it has taken me around 14.5 hours to make this cosplay.  The main dress is nearly done, and I don’t have much left to do otherwise.  I just have to scrunch the bodice, make and add the bow, finish fitting it, and make the hem.  Then it’ll be time to work on the cape, shoes, and gloves. 

The cape shouldn’t be hard.  I just have to make sure I get the layering and feather work right.  I still have no idea how I’m going to make the back feathers.  I have a couple ideas, but I don’t know how well they’ll work.  I still need to get the feathers though.  I need to find a good place that sells good feathers in bulk for a reasonable to good price.

As for the gloves and boots, they are going to be a bit harder.  Ok, a lot harder.  I’ve never make gloves before, much less full arm gloves with large puffy add ons on the top.  Not to mention, I’m using satin that has little to no stretch whatsoever.  I know the gloves are going to be the biggest challenge of the entire cosplay.  Even the wig looks easier. 

The shoes on the other hand look relatively easy, especially compared to the gloves.  I still have to find good base shoes and maybe a couple zippers, but other than that I have what I need.  I even have a pattern halfway worked out.  I just have to test it. 

Finally, the wig looks like it’s going to be one of the easiest pieces of the cosplay.  I’m really glad I chose it for my first time cutting a wig.  I am really nervous but calm at the same time.  I know I can do it.  I know it will turn out fine. 

Oh! I almost for got about the jewels!  I’m going to cast the two jewels myself as soon as I’m able to get the supplies.  I really hope it’s soon because I’d like to get a photo shoot before my friend leaves for college again if it’s possible.  She takes amazing photos.  I’ve wanted to do a shoot with her for a while.  If I don’t get the jewels done in time, I could always improvise…but I don’t want to do that unless I have to. 

Beside my minor aforementioned dilemmas, my cosplay is coming along beautifully.  I’m really happy with the way it’s turning out.  I can’t wait to see the finished project.  I don’t have any pictures to share yet, but I’ll get some up with my next post.  So far it’s nearly perfect with just a few quirks that the laws of physics won’t let me change.  Trying to make a shirt drape and split and fall at a slightly tilted angle just isn’t going to happen no matter how much I wish it would.  Anime characters are known to defy the laws of physics and this cosplay is not without it’s exceptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment