Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Cosplay

I recently found a  new anime named Aria the Animation.  It is a three season and one OVA anime.  I absolutely adore the show.  It takes a totally different approach to anime then the normal action and/or drama animes that flood the market.  Aria follows the life of Akari Mizunashi as she learns how to become a professional undine or gondola rower. 

aria

In Aria undines wear uniforms that match one of three companies; Aria Company (blue), Himeya Company (red), or Orange Planet (yellow).  The uniforms are adorable as are the main characters.  Each of the characters add a totally different personality to the show and would be great fun to cosplay.  I like all of the characters but my favorites are Akari Mizunashi (pink hair), Aika S. Granzchesta (blue hair), Akira E. Ferrari (brown hair), and Athena Glory (purple hair).  Of my favorites, I like Akari the best.  As such, I’ve decided to cosplay her for the next year(2011).  Since the outfits are so interchangeable between characters  I’m going to make more Aria cosplays in the future.  You can cosplay at least two characters with one outfit just by changing wigs.  But right now I’m starting off with Akari. 

This is Akari and her summer uniform:

Akari Mizunashi

Akari Back Akari Smile Akari Detail Akari and Aria Front

I chose her summer uniform over her winter one because it’ll take a bit less fabric, and I can wear it in the summer and winter. The summer uniform is also a bit easier to make then the winter one as well.  I do want to make her winter one too.  Depending on how long the summer uniform takes me, I might get her winter uniform done this year as well.

Alice, Akari, and Aika Akari, Aika, and Alice

Here are a few pictures of my other favorite characters.

Aika S. Granzchesta

 33678.jpgAika S. Granzchesta 33768.jpg  

Akira E. Ferrari

 vlcsnap-2010-12-18-02h14m15s255Akira E. Ferrari vlcsnap-2010-12-18-02h04m19s201

Athena Glory

vlcsnap-2010-12-21-04h11m06s21Atena  vlcsnap-2010-12-17-07h34m20s254

Akari also wears a few other outfits that I might make as well, like an Orange Planet uniform as well as really cute kimono and a couple normal outfits.  All those are in the future though.  As are other possible variations of my other favorite characters.

My sister also wants me to make her an Alice Carrol cosplay as well.  Alice is another character from Aria and a close friend of Akari.  Here’s a few pictures:

vlcsnap-2010-12-13-05h21m05s130 Alice Carrollvlcsnap-2010-12-30-06h35m31s252  

I’m really excited to start working on my new cosplay.  As soon as I am done with Vorfeed, I will start working on Akari.  I’m hoping to have Vorfeed done this week and start Akair either this weekend or next week.  If all goes well, I hope to have most of my Akari cosplay done before school starts on the 17th.  I’m kinda sad that I only have around 12 days to sew almost nonstop though I am rather excited that school starts soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog post, thanks for sharing this. We are also the Japan based cosplay costume manufacturers.

    ReplyDelete