Friday, January 28, 2011

Akari Update 2

Appliqué is a long and tiring process though it leaves great results.  I recently finished the appliqué for Akari’s under dress.  It was a task and a challenge all in itself.  Making the appliqué took 4½ hours while applying it and sewing it on took a couple hours at most.  The hardest parts were drawing the appliqué and sewing it on.  Sewing curves on an appliqué is a huge pain.  The stitching isn’t perfect, but I love it just the same.  I’m really happy with the way it turned out too.  The design looks perfect!  I’m really happy with how the outfit is coming along.

I have a couple progress pictures to share.  Enjoy!

Drawing out the pattern for the applique The finished drawing of the Aria Company appliqué before I cut it out.  I drew it on with quilter’s chalk.  Drawing the center oval took the longest because I had to place it just right while keeping the right shape. 

IMAG0424The Aria Company appliqué after I attached it to the front of the under dress with Heat ‘N Bond.  That stuff is a life saver.  It’s totally amazing!  It took me forever to get the oval perfectly centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment