Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, 2011

With 2010 at it’s close, I am excited to see what the new year will bring.  A I reflect over the last year I’ve found that 2010 was a good year overall.  Sure it had its bad times, but there were pleasant times as well.  I was able to make four costumes for myself as well as for others.  I was also able to make new friends, meet lots of awesome people, and become a better seamstress.  In the grand scheme of things, I am happy with how 2010 went. 

But this post isn’t just about reminiscing 2010, it’s about looking forward to 2011 as well.  This new years gives me a chance to make more friends, acquaintances, and cosplays.  I am excited as I think about what I hope to accomplish this next year.  Mind you, these are not resolutions.  There is no need to make resolutions that I will forget and not accomplish.  Instead these are goals with game plans that I hope to accomplish in 2011. 

My goals for next year are simple and attainable.  Though they may take lots of time and/or finances, I know that I can accomplish them if I really try hard and work toward their completion.  It may not be easy, but I am up to the challenge.

First on my list of goals is to make at least three new acquaintances this year.  Whether that be at the fabric store, a con, or just on my way to a photo shoot, I know my goal is attainable even if I am on the introverted side. 

Second on my list is to make at least four new costumes/cosplays.  With my nigh constant additions of costume/cosplay possibilities, it should not be hard to pick out some suitable prospects.  As I’ve said in previous posts, I already have a definite and planned cosplay list for this year.  As always, it will change in some way or ways, but I plan to keep it pretty close to the following list as possible.  Of course, time and finances will play a deciding role in whether or not I am able to make any of the below listed costumes/cosplays. 

Planned List

Vorfeed from Lost Universe
Akari Mizunashi from Aria the Animation (Summer Uniform)
Maria Ross from Fullmetal Alchemist (State Alchemist Uniform)
Toph Bei Fong From Avatar:The Last Airbender (either her Earth Nation outfit, her Ba Sing Se dress, her noble dress, or her final dress)
Sophia Forrester from Last Exile (Vice Captain Uniform)
A princess dress of some sort

Possible List

Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed (either her first dress, civilian dress, captain’s dress, and/or an artwork version)
Kaylee Frye from Firefly or Serenity (Mechanic Outfit)
Raven from Teen Titans the animated series (White Version)
Nausiccaa from Nausiccaa of the Valley of the Wind (End Outfit)
Sophia Forrester from Last Exile (Orange Dress)
A female Final Fantasy character or two (so far Aerith and/or Porom)
And I know there’s at least a couple others I can’t think of yet
 
Others as time and finances permit

I will include a couple picture albums of my planned and possible cosplay lists below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment