Monday, April 12, 2010

It Happened, Again…

The creative mind never stops. Just when I think, I have my costume list figured out for the year more costumes wiggle their way into my head. It happened again. I added another 3 costumes to my yearly list and another 10 plus to my total list of 80 costumes. *’_’* I really like to sew.

So, adding to the list of my costumes to make for the year are 2 brand new costumes. I just know I’m forgetting one. Like usual, some costumes will have deadlines while other costumes will not.

The first on my list of additions is kinda up in the air. If I make it, it will be for a costume dinner with my graduation class. So far, I do not know what the theme is or when the dinner will be. Therefore, the deadline and production are subject to change. However, who knows, if I windup liking the costume enough, I might just make it for fun.

Anyway, the first costume is none other than Belle’s green dress from Disney ®’s Beauty and the Beast. I still cannot believe I’m considering this costume because it’s a wittle embarwassing. #___# I’ve never really been into the whole princess thing before so, for me, this is a stretch. I’ve nearly always liked pretty dresses and outfits though, so that helps a lot.

Back on subject, Belle’s green dress is a rather obscure outfit. Most people don’t remember it being in the movie. I didn’t remember it either until I read the Wikipeadia article on Belle and the article briefly mentioned the dress.

Her green dress is the one she wears when Beast shows her his library after they ate lunch. I thought the costume very fitting since I love books and reading and libraries (I really love libraries) as well. I also really like the fact that it is the least made of all her costumes. Guess which one is first. -_^

So, without further ado, drum roll please, here is the costume!







I love the color choices. The costume incorporates two tones of my top four favorite colors. The composition is both adorable and modest! Not to mention, it’s just plain cute! The cloak is an added bonus. That said I would now move on to the next costume on my list.

Second on my new list of costumes is Sheeta’s pirate outfit from Miyazaki’s Castle in the Sky. I really like the coloring and design of this costume. Pink pants, how über cool is that!







I love how the cool pastels mix nicely with the warm orange belt and red hair band and ties. As for the cut, it is loose and flowy, perfect for windy spring days aboard an air pirate ship. Finally, the entire composition is both fun and appealing, not to mention flattering. The shoes and hair are wonderful added bonuses. It is a necessity for my costuming wardrobe.

All that said, my new costume list is complete. I still can’t figure out what the third costume is, or will be, so that will have to wait for another post. I really like both of the costumes stated thus far. I can’t wait to make them! I’ve even started with the preparations!

As for deadlines, Belle’s green dress and blue cloak must be complete before the graduation costume dinner, which will probably be in April sometime. I’m hoping to wear Sheeta’s pirate outfit to the same convention that I’m wearing Sophia’s vice captain uniform to. The convention is in August, but I plan to have both costumes done in either June or July.

There it is, my new costume list for the summer. I might add a few, no more than three, to my list if I complete the list early. Then I still have outfits to make for others, so I will probably stick to this list of eight. Well, thank you for reading! I hope you stay tuned to find out how I do in my costuming endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment