Monday, April 19, 2010

First Commission

Hurrah!!!!!!!!!  I am soooooooo excited.  Just the other day I received my first costume commission!!!!!!  I am making Giselle's blue dress from Enchanted.  It is a fairly easy costume to make.  Unfortunately, it must be complete by Friday.  I only wish I had more time to perfect it.

For the pattern, I am using McCall's pattern 6030.  It is a nearly perfect match and will require only a few minor adjustments to the neckline and train.  The bodice and over skirt are going to be a brocade with golden Disneyish designs because the exact fabric wasn't found.  As for the underskirt, it will be made of three layers of sheer fabric (two white layers with a pink layer underneath) and a white lining to ensure that the under skirt won't be see through.  On top of that I will have white lace trim, a loooooong sheerish blue ribbon, and (possibly) pink piping.  Pink, blue, and yellow hair ribbons are included.I have all the needed materials except for the piping. 

Seeing as it must be done for Friday, I am focusing on this costume as well as Belle's green library dress, which must be complete for Friday as well.  I am extremely excited to complete this commission and make it the best I possibly can for the time I have to work on it.   '_'

No comments:

Post a Comment