Friday, April 16, 2010

Fabric, Sales, and Good Deals

Just the other Friday was my birthday.  It’s my big 1-8 so Mom asks me what I want to do for a special birthday treat.  Naturally, my mind starts racing as ideas flood my mind and excitement builds within my veins.  My mind locks on an idea and, with big excited eyes, I practically screamed, “FABRIC STORE!!!!!!!!!!!”  Mom rolled her eyes while she explained that I’d be at the store for far to long, would miss my game night with my friends, and spend far to much money.  Still, she took me anyway, after I promised that I wouldn’t take more than four hours and would spend as little money as possible. 

 

So we went to the store.  I was cramped horribly for time while my mind whirled with all the new costume possibilities and fabric combinations.  Fortunately, a sale was occurring and everything I wanted was on sale.  I was in total h-e-a-v-e-n.  Frantically, I raced about the store grabbing patterns and fabric and notions.  Meanwhile, the fabric cutting line grew and grew.  There was no way I would make it out of store in time.  Fortunately, Mom knew that too.  By the time I’d finished getting all the necessary materials for the costumes I was working on, the fabric cutting line had backed up half way across the store.  There was maybe a half hour left till my get-together.  I was going to be late.  Still, I persevered through the long cutting line wait and the fabric cutting process.  According to the clock, I was late to my party as I walked to the checkout line.  The line was very short.  I made it out in semi-record time while saving over four hundred dollars.  Woot for fabric and pattern sales!!!!

 

Luckily, for me, traffic was moving quickly.  I ended up arriving at the game night four minutes after it started.  Everyone else had gotten there late too.  My friends and Mom surprised me by turning the get-together into a mini surprise birthday party, complete with cake and ice cream and pizza.  Everyone had a wonderful time. 

 

All that was said to say that I now have all the materials to make Belle’s green library dress and Sheeta’s pirate outfit.  Mom surprised me by buying the fabric and notions as my birthday present!!!!  Both costumes are officially in progress now. 

 

Also, the theme for the costume dinner is Disney® and it is on the 23rd of this month (April).  I am working on Belle’s green dress as I type.  Expect the next few updates to be a bit longer that usual and cram packed with info, especially since I have less time to make Belle’s costume.  As always, thank you for reading and stay tuned to find out what happens next.  *^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment