It’s done. It’s done. It’s done! *dances around and continues to sing* It’s really, really done.
You guessed it. I finished my costume. Which one? Why the Civil War ball gown of course! It’s really done. After all the sore, bleeding fingers and nail biting hassles, my costume is complete.
The skirt turned out ten times better than I was hoping it would. The tiers look perfect and flow better than I expected. I even survived the hand-sewn waistband without losing all my patience. Moreover, I only had to redo my seams once. I wasn’t paying attention to my work and accidentally sewed the last part of the waistband into a crumpled mess.
The nice thing about this costume is that it took less fabric than I expected. From four ϋber long valence curtains and a little bit of muslin, I have made my entire costume!!!! It’s sooo thrifty. I just love, love, love it!!! The costume cost under twenty dollars for all the needed materials.