Friday, April 8, 2011

New Addition to the Cosplay Family

I’m having another change of plans.  My Kotomi cosplay fell through since I couldn’t get the wig or make the dress due to shortage of funds.  I still want to cosplay her, but I can’t at the moment so I’m replacing her with Luka from Vocaloid.  Luka is one of my favorite vocaloids because I love her voice and graceful style.  I also think her pink hair is adorable. 

I’m planning to do a Just Be Friends version with a curly wig. 

Just be Friends - LukaxKaito

I found a long curly pink wig that I can afford and should arrive before the con.  I already have a white dress and black boots that I could use.  I have to add a lining or two to the dress, but otherwise it’s done.  I’m going for the version she wears in the balloon scene so I don’t have to get or make a wreath.  I’m hoping that one of my friends can come so he can cosplay Luka’s Ex since he looks a lot like him, but I don’t know if my friend can come or not yet.  If not that’s fine, but I really hope he can. 

I also want to wear a silver/gray and black formal to the high society formal the con is hosting.  As far as I can tell the dress would look great with the wig which would be perfect for the formal since it’s curly.  I might style it a bit, but I don’t really know yet.  I’ll know better if I’ll actually be cosplaying Luka for the formal once I get the wig.  I got the dress from a prom dress swap.  It’s really beautiful, and I like it a lot.  I have a couple pairs of black heels that I could wear with it since high heels are required for the event. 

There’s going to a good sized Vocaloid group at the con.  So far it looks like there will be a Len, Miku, Mikou, and maybe a few others.  I can’t remember the exact list unfortunately, but it’s a descent group for a small con.  I’m looking forward to meeting some if not all of the group.  Maybe there will even be a photoshoot which would be lots of fun. 

I’m both excited and nervous about cosplaying Luka.  I’m excited because I like the character for the most part, but I’m nervous since Luka is the sexy type and I am not.  Nevertheless, I like her Just Be Friends version which is sweet, simple, and not over sexualized like some of her other designs. I like the character, but I don’t like all her variations. 

Dresses I’m planning to use: Top and middle, Just Be Friends version dress and boots; bottom, formal version.  The formal has a very beautiful silver to grey gradient, but unfortunately the lighting washes it out in the picture.

IMG_0092

IMG_0754

IMG_0093

No comments:

Post a Comment