Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Convention Preparation Part 1 – Cosplays and Such

It's been a while since I last updated about my cosplay progress so here goes.  All's well right now.  I haven't made much if any progress on my Akari cosplay or any of my other ones due to school, but I'm hoping to work on one to two of them this weekend.  It's under a month til my first con this year.  ^_^  I'm so excited, but I have a lot to do in order to be ready in time.  I have three cosplays to finish, two of which are at least 40% complete, as well as style at least four wigs and help a couple of my friends with their cosplays.  At least school ends next week.  I'll have a lot more time for sewing and resting. 

I recently added a new cosplay to my list.  I'm hosting a cosplay to Starbucks little fun event on the 15th and a couple of my friends are cosplaying pokemon gijinkas so I decided to make a pokemon gijinka.  ^_^  I've been wanting to make one for a while, but I did find a reason to until now.  I'm planning to make Latias.  So far I already have the concept art done and most of the fabric and materials I need are just lying around the house so I should be able to start it soon.  I'm planning to work on it this weekend as well as my Maria Ross cosplay. 

The wigs I ordered arrived at the batch order leader's today.  Now I just have to wait about a week until I get them.  Then it'll be a lot of wig cutting and styling amid sewing.  I have a feeling that I'm going to be getting about as much sleep during final week as I will during the next three weeks.  I still have a lot to do in order to be able to go to the con like get a badge, see if I can room with friends, find and get food, and gather the list of other things I need such as any extra makeup and items for my cosplay emergency kit (I'll post a list of useful and needed emergency items later).  Ah, the joys of con prep.  ^_^  I still can't wait to go, even with all I still have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment