Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pokemon Gijinka

I’m jumping on the band wagon with the new pokemon gijinka craze.  Pokemon was one of my favorite shows as a young child.  Even though it is not nearly as special as Digimon is, I love a few of the pokemon enough to turn them into gijinkas to cosplay. The main aspect I like about gijinkas is that they’re each open to complete interpretation.  I can design a gijinka cosplay how ever I want and no one can say I didn’t do it right or wasn’t accurate enough because it was based of my own design that I personally own.  It silences naysayers and elitists arguments rather quickly and easily. 

Nevertheless, I’m planning to make a Latias gijinka for the next con in May.  I’m planning to use a mid-thigh length red and white dress for the base of the cosplay.  I’ll be adding the red triangles she has on her front and back as an appliqué to the dress and appliqué her blue chest triangle on top of the red.  I’m also making a helmet with wings and a triangle design.  I’ll paint her red facial/head triangle to the helmet and leave the wings white.  I’ll use red wedges for the shoes, and if I have time I’ll make detachable wing sleeves as an added design bonus.  Since I’m short on funds, I’ll be making this cosplay out of cotton based scraps and an old bed sheet in had set aside.   

I am very excited to make and cosplay Latias as she’s been one of my favorite pokemon since grade school.  I love her simple design and special abilities.  I also love the dragon type pokemon.  She’s everything I like about pokemon in one character.  I should also include a picture of her so here it is!  Note: this the pokemon not my gijinka interpretation.

380Latias

Thank you so much for reading.  Have a good day and an even better week.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment