Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wigs, Wigs, and More Wigs

It’s been a while since I updated my wig progress so I figured I might as well do so.  I was able to get a hold of a camera today so there will be pictures to accompany these descriptions.  It’s a wig extravaganza!

First on my list of wigs is Vorfeed.  I styled her wig a while ago for a cosplay photoshoot contest at near the beginning of July (you can read more here).  It was a very easy wig to style as I only had to cut the bangs and brush the wig.   It was a very good, though somewhat nerve-racking at first, choice for first wig styling project.  I’m very happy with the way it turned out.  ^_^ 

 IMG_3922 IMG_3923IMG_3924

Second on my list of wigs is Temari.  I was finally able to make my Temari wig for a cosplay photoshoot mid July. For my third wig, it turned out extremely well.  I am very happy with it and proud of it.  I almost can’t believe I made it!  ^_^

 IMG_3896 IMG_3897 IMG_3898

Third on the list is my new Akari wig.  It can as a almost prestyled wig.  I say almost because everything but the bangs were prestyled.  Nevertheless, I love this wig and can’t wait to wear it.  It is one of the ones I ordered via the batch order from C.C. Kids.  It is very smooth and photographs the perfect color.

 IMG_3915 IMG_3916 IMG_3917

Fourth on the list of wigs is Luka.  This wig is my absolute favorite wig out of my whole collection.  I love it!  It’s so pretty and soft and curly and the perfect pink color ever.  I’m surprised how little it tangles as well.  This is another of the wigs I ordered through the batch order.  This is how it looks after wearing it around con all day, even to a dance, and putting it in a ponytail and a messy bun.  I adore this wig!

 IMG_3941 IMG_3942 IMG_3943

Sadly, I did get any pictures of my brown wig, but the list doesn’t end there.  My friend, Stephanie, was getting rid of some of her old wigs, nd I was able to get a few.  I got a long curly light blond one that would work perfectly for Tamara, another character from Crown Duel that I hope to cosplay soon, and a short green one that would work perfectly for a Chikorita or Bellossom gijinka and/or Ranka cosplay.  I would just have to make clip extensions for Ranka which would be perfect since her hair is curly for one of her new songs in Macross F: On the Wings of Goodbye (which comes out in Oct!).  Here are the wigs.  The blond one is first, it does need a bit of brushing,  and the green is second. 

 IMG_3909 IMG_3910 IMG_3911

 IMG_3927 IMG_3928 IMG_3929

That sums it up for wigs.  I’ll be reporting soon when I start working on the wig for Nee.  Until then, thank you for reading!  Have a good day and an even better week.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment