Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Steampunk Engineer/Mechanic Pictures

I finally was able to get pictures of my newest updates to my steampunk engineer/mechanic character, Clara.  I finished the skirt except for a few new tares.  All but the goggles done.  I even found a new pair of boots at Goodwill for $9, at total bargain as they are real leather, have a beautiful design on the outside facing of the boots, lace and zip close, and fit both my feet and calves (something that almost never happens).  Pictures!  The first three are the outfit I made entirely by myself, the fourth is with a corset made by my first sewing teacher and a belt from the second hand store, and the final picture is my new boots (aren’t they the coolest). 

 IMG_3946 IMG_3947 IMG_3949 IMG_3953IMG_3951

I’m really rushed to get everything done in time for Fandemonium in 9 days and fair right afterward.  Not to mention, I have a cavy show on Thursday too.  >_<  It’s my first one so I’m super nervous and very stressed about everything else.  @_@  I’m not going to get much sleep. 

Nevertheless, thank you so much for reading.  ^_^  Have a great day and even better week!  Don’t forget to keep reading to find out what happens as con closes in and occurs.  I’m really hoping to get a prize in the costume contest this year. 

2 comments:

  1. The outfit looks gorgeous! :D Are you planning on wearing it with or without the corset? Or do you plan to alternate? :)
    Aaahhh...those boots are lovely! I almost never have success finding anything at resale/charity shops, much less boots like that. Nice find!
    I hope things go well in the last days before the con.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! ^_^ I alternate since I love the look of both though I've started wearing the corset more since it offers more support and coverage.
    Thank you again. I tend to have fairly good luck with second hand finds, but the boots are the second best item I've ever thrifted.

    ReplyDelete