Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nimiar Progress

I have been able to get quite a bit of work done on Nimiar in the past few weeks since I started her.  Both skirts are all but completed except for hook closures, the bodice is almost entirely button holed, and half of the under dress is cut out and awaiting sewing.  I have been able to get a lot done, but there is still more to do.  I still have to finish the closures for the skirts and bodice, make the under dress with beaded detachable over sleeves, make the hat, get and style the wig, fix the shoes if need be, make the necklace, and add any finishing touches that arise.  She should be mostly, if not completely done for Fandemonium if I continue at this pace though I have other pressing sewing projects to focus on as well. 

I have pictures to share!  The first two pictures are of the skirts and bodice while the second two pictures are of the other side of the bodice.  I made the bodice completely reversible to add for more versatility and design options.  The the third picture is the shoes I’ll be using while the fourth picture is the fabric for the under dress with detachable over sleeves (the pink is the under dress fabric and the white/cream is the detachable over sleeve).  The fifth are the rest of the notions (the gold is the cording for the bodice, the purple is a cuff accent for the over sleeve, the beads are for the over sleeve, and the pendent is for the necklace).  Finally, the last picture is a close up of the pendent I’ll be using for the necklace.

   IMG_4276 IMG_4277 IMG_4278 IMG_4279 IMG_4306IMG_4314 IMG_4315  IMG_4333

Thus conclude this cosplay report.  Thank you so much for reading.  Have a good day and an even better week.  ^_^

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're progressing nicely with this cosplay. :) If I understand correctly, the outfit is made of an underskirt, an overskirt, a bodice, an underdress, and a detachable set of sleeves that go over the underdress. Is that right? If so, that sounds rather complicated with so many layers (and a bit warm)! It's looking good so far and I'm sure you'll finish it well. :)

    And that pendant is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! ^_^ The pendent was a treasure to find.

    You are correct. The world of Crown Duel is much colder than ours so I wanted the dress to be fitting for the climate, hence the layering, while keeping it stylish. You're right it will be warm, especially in the August heat. >_>

    ReplyDelete