Thursday, November 11, 2010

Susan’s Voyage of the Dawn Treader Dress

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader premiere is only a few days away, less than a month to be exact.  I recently purchased my materials for my Susan dress.  It cost me only $25 to get all the supplies I needed for the dress, minus the thread and embroidery floss that I already had.  For the main dress, I got this lovely dark gray fabric that hangs and flows beautifully, and should hold the pleats well.  As for the collar, I got this fuzzy knitted fabric that looks really nice with the main fabric.  I just wish it was a tad bit darker in color though. 

I’ve decided to embroider the designs on the collar instead of etch them in.  I couldn’t afford the right kind of velvet to use for etching, and I only have a limited amount of time so ordering online is out of the question.  I really worried that I won’t have enough time to embroider both the collar for my dress and finish the embroidery for my sister’s jerkin.  I really hope I do cause Lucy just won’t be Lucy without her jerkin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment