Friday, August 20, 2010

Amano Yuna Update

My Amano Yuna is nearly done.  I got to wear it to my first con the beginning of this month.  It was so much fun.  People asked for my picture and I entered it in the masquerade.  I got in the top ten!!!  I was really surprised considering it was my first cosplay and I left out some of the detailing since it was an Amano version.  I can't wait to finish it.  I have to finish, and slightly, redo the hibiscus and tassels.  I want to add more beading to the sleeve ties and incorporate more details into the obi.  I didn't have any major problems with the obi bows.  Because of the way I made them, I didn't have to worry about crushing them and they stayed up well.  I am very pleased with how this cosplay is turning out.  I will continue to work on it until either I find another cosplay to devote much attention to or I feel satisfied with the cosplay. 

 

Here are the reference pictures I’m using.

 

Yuna_by_Amano

 

Amano_Yuna2

No comments:

Post a Comment