Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Possible Change of Dawn Treader Premiere Costume

As the premiere nears and more friends join the group my excitement grows stronger.  Now there might be at least two others who might go to the premiere in costume as well!!  This is really good news!  The only sad part is that I might have to change my costume plans.  I’m hoping to be able to get enough people who want to dress in costume for the premiere that we get the entire main crew!  It would be awesome! 

So far there are four girls, my sister and I included who want to or are going in costume.  The only thing is, is that there are only, roughly, four girls in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and two of them were added by the producers.  That means that each of us will, most likely, have to be each a different character.  All this to say that I might not end up being Rumandu’s Daughter for the premiere.  The entire costume hangs on whether or not I can get the wig I mentioned in my first Dawn Treader post.  So far it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to get the wig and one of the girls would make a great Rumandu’s Daughter.  She even has blond curly hair!  It doesn’t bother me at all if she ends up being Rumandu’s Daughter.  I only wish I would have known before I went out and bought the fabric for the pattern.  It’ll take me a while before I get enough money to get the fabric for another costume but it’ll work out.  That’s why I have back up costumes. 

Since I might not end up being Rumandu’s Daughter for the premiere I have come up with a back up costume idea.  Ever since the release of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I’ve gone as Lucy’s older sister, Susan.  Well Susan makes a small cameo in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader so I might end up being her.  It’s become sort of a tradition for my sister and I to go as Susan and Lucy.  I’m not about ready to break it now, even if Susan wasn’t in the book.  Luckily Susan does wear a Narnia outfit in a scene where all the Pevensie siblings are present.  It is this costume that I’m using as a back up. 

It is a beautiful gray, floor-length dress with front pleats and I believe a belt.  The pictures are still fuzzy and the first trailer is the only reference I have to by so the actual design of the costume is unsure.  I don’t even known if there will be any promotional pictures released of this dress because it has so little screen time, as far as I can tell.  Either way, I love this dress and don’t mind having to put some of my own interpretations into the design. 

Here are a few pictures of the dress so far.

 2-trailer trailer2018

These are the only pictures of the dress so far.  From what I can tell, it looks as if the collar is made out of velvet with a leaf design etched into it.  It also appears that there are ten to twelve pleats on the front of the dress that run the entire length.  I don’t know what types of pleats they are for certain, though I do believe that they are either knife or box pleats.  Another idea is that they are pin tucks, though I don’t know how or why pin tucks would run the entire length of the dress.  The dress is indeed floor-length and has elbow length sleeves.  There also appears to be a light brown to tan belt worn around the waist.  The hair style appears to be the same as Susan’s hairstyle in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when she was in Aslan’s camp.  Other than that, there are no other definable features about this dress.  I’m still unsure as to how the dress was constructed and why there appears to be no shoulder seams in the first picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment