Saturday, October 9, 2010

Decisions and Updates

I have indeed decided to go as Susan to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader premiere.  My sister will be Lucy and I will be Susan.  It’s our last time to do so, and I’m not about ready to break the tradition.  So that decided, I will have to gather new fabric for my Susan costume.  It shouldn’t be too hard, I’m just worried about the possible price.  The fabric for Susan’s dress is a heavy gray fuzzy type fabric with a velvet trim, from what I can tell so far.  Both velvet and wool are very expensive, very very expensive.  I’m hoping to find either an outrageously good deal or some sort of unknown substitute.  I know I’ll get it.  It’s just a matter of when.  So I’ll keep my eyes open and let you know what happens.

My sister’s costume is coming along splendidly!  I found some new pictures of Lucy’s outfit and they are ever so helpful.  I now know what the leg embroidery looks like as well as some of the minor details to the jerkin and shirt.  There might even be beading on the jerkin, though I’m still unsure.  Here are the pictures.  Each helps with a different aspect of the costume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment