Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sakura Con Cosplays

It’s official!  I’m going to Sakura-Con!  Woot!  It will be my first out-of-state con so I’m excited yet slightly nervous.  Of course, I’m planning a few new cosplays.  I would like to finish five or so before con.  It would be great to get a lot of photos while there since the locations are so varied and often perfect for characters from larger cities/ metropolis settings.

For my list, I chose characters that I either enjoy or go with groups, often both.  Even though the list is quite long, it is doable for the most part.  As time goes one, I’m sure the list will dwindle, but for now here it is. 

To start off, I would really like to finish my Amano Yuna.  She’s been a dream of mine and it would be a great joy to cosplay her, especially at so large a con.  If I conplete her on time, I may enter her in the cosplay contest.  In addition to Yuna, I would really like to finish Amano Child Rydia.  She is another character I have liked for a long time and would greatly enjoy cosplaying.  Further more, there may be a few Final Fantasy 4 cosplayers with whom to take photos. 

Next, I am finishing and taking Akari.  Regardless of if I find a group or not, I would love to cosplay my favorite character and get photos of her by the sea.  It would be a dream come true.  Along with her, I want to make and take Toki from Princess Mononoke.  There is going to be a good sized Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli group, and I have wanted to cosplay her for a long time. 

Princess Mercury in her silver millennium dress from the Sailor Moon manga is another cosplay I really want to bring.  Mercury has always been my favorite sailor scout and her silver millennium dress was one of the first cosplays I wanted to make.  In league with Mercury is Chie from Persona 4.  Chie was a character I loved even before I started playing the game and watching the anime.  There are plans for a semi large scale Persona 4 group that I’m a part of which makes this cosplay even more exciting. 

The list doesn’t stop there.  Along with the above, I want to make and bring Dragon Kid from Tiger & Bunny.  This cosplay would be a part of a planned group/photoshoot.  If I have time, I would like to make her casual ending outfit as well.  Also, I plan to make Shiemi’s school uniform for a Blue Exorcist group. 

Hopefully, I will finish Kasumi’s loyalty outfit from Mass Effect 2 in time to bring.  I greatly enjoyed her character in the game and would love to cosplay her there. If I finish her in time, she is another prospect for the cosplay contest.  Susukihotaru from Otome Youkai Zakuro is another cosplay I would like to bring given enough time. 

Finally, if I have time I would like to bring Kari from Digimon Adventures.  She was my favorite character from the original series and there may be a small sized Digimon Adventures group.  I may bring Saria from Ocarina of Time as well since she is one of my favorite Legend of Zelda characters.  Ok.  I promise that’s all.  I told you the list was long.  ^_^ 

In addition to making new cosplays, I’ll be bringing a few previous ones as well.  These will mainly be for photoshoots and may or may not make appearances at con.  So far it looks like I’ll be bringing Vorfeed, Sheryl’s snowman/premiere dress, Miwako’s pink and black sweater outfit, Nora (if I can find her shoes), Temari (if the wig still fits), and multiple steampunk outfits. 

I’ll be helping a few friends with their cosplays as well so needless to say I am going to be busy for a while.  I really can’t wait to see how this whole ordeal turns out.  It’s exciting to be going to new place yet the prep work is going to be crazy.  ~_~  Here’s hoping it’s worth it.  ^_^ 

I’ll be posting more in depth posts about the cosplays mentioned here as time allows.  Hopefully, I’ll have some progress to report as well!   Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment