Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Costume Line Up

Since August is coming up, I’m getting ready for the local convention that is occurring.  This convention is more of what I like to call a geek convention.  It’s where people of various geeky interests (such as cosplay, role playing games, video game players, anime fans, manga readers, and the like) get together for a three day extravaganza celebrating a whole hoard of geeky pursuits.  If you are like me and don’t mind being called a geek because that is what you are then you should understand my usage of the term geek and geeky.  It is not meant in a derogatory way but merely to express that conventions like the above mentioned are out of the ordinary and for out of the ordinary people, mainly fans of out of the ordinary things like Star Wars or Fullmetal Alchemist.  I apologize if my use of the term geek offends you. 

Anyway, as I was saying, I am preparing for this said convention.  Since I love to sew and am a professed geek, I am making a few costumes for the convention.  There I said it.  I’M MAKING COSTUMES TO WEAR TO A GEEK CONVENTION.  Even though I’m slightly embarrassed to say so, that is what I am doing.  I’m so very excited!!!!!!!  This will be my first time wearing any of my cosplays out in public, hence the slight embarrassment. 

I will be making three to possibly four cosplays for this event.  My list is as follows:

Sophia Forrester’s vice captain uniform from Last Exile.

as_36 as_39   display_600_spheres_ppp_alexsophia

Sheeta’s pirate uniform from Laputa:Castle in the Sky.

                          Sheeta Pazulaputa-view-from-above

Fio from Miyazaki’s Porco Rosso

               FioWOW!!!  Look at this island 

And an undecided possible fourth. 

I will be updating on these costumes as progress is made.  If I go, I might be making a Star Wars costume for Star Wars in Concert in a couple weeks.  It is still uncertain as to whether or not I’m going.  It’s a bit expensive but totally worth it.  Since I have camp this Monday through Friday, I won’t have much time to work on a costume for the event.  If I do go I would like to be in costume.  I’m still not sure what costume I would possibly make either.  Ah, decisions, decisions.  What ever will I do with you.  Decisions, you can make things very difficult some times. 

 

Mood: Contemplative  =_= 

1 comment:

  1. You know, I was so embarrased to wear my cosplays for the first time in May. I thought people would stare at me, but when I got there, no one seemed to notice at first because there were so many cosplayers I was normal. ^^ Plus you get over it pretty quickly when everyone starts asking for your picture. XD

    ReplyDelete