Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Load of Potential Cosplays

As the school year starts and the con year comes to a close, I’m trying to figure out potential cosplays for the last con of the season, for me, in November and the cons for next season.  So far, three cosplays survived con season one, though some need adjustment. 

My Toph cosplay need to have the belt redone and the over-the-shoulder-thing added to.  Other than that it’s good.  I still need to make the rest of the hibiscus and add more detail to the obi and maybe skirt for my Amano Yuna.  As for Sheeta, I still have to make the headband and hair ties as well as style the wig for the final time. 

As for new cosplays… I’m planning on making Sophia’s Uniform for the con in November.  I will also be wearing my Sheeta again because a) I love it and b) I don’t have time to make a third cosplay.  I will most likely be wearing my Sophia for two days straight unless I decide to wear my Toph or Yuna, though the latter is highly unlikely. 

So far I have a small list of cosplays I’d like to make for the next con year.  I say like to cause I don’t how many I’ll actually get to make because of constrained time and my almost extreme attention to detail.  I need to calm down on the detail obsession a bit. 

Anyway, I’d like to make Toph’s Earth Nation outfit

Toph_by_RobertK   vlcsnap-2010-08-12-01h51m45s69

as well as her nobility dress.

435  437

I’m also hoping to make Kagamine Rin’s Synchronicity dress.  It’s so pretty.  I love how full the skirt is.  I was considering making this cosplay for the upcoming con in November but I don’t think I’ll have the time or funds.

synch5 Rin   vlcsnap-2010-09-01-00h40m03s246

The third cosplay is an easy possibly closet cosplay, Mimi in the epilogue from Digimon season 2.  Her dress is so cute!  I love how it’s country with a city flair.

MimiEpilogue2 

Fourth on my list is Trance Gemini from Andromeda.  She’s the purple girl.  I want to make her purple leotard from season 1.  Sadly, I don’t have any pictures yet, but I hope to find some soon.  When I do I’ll post them. 

Finally, my last project is Vorfeed from Lost Universe.  Just to clarify Vorfeed is not Canal and Canal is not Vorfeed.  Vorfeed is the ships original AI that Alicia used.  I really like Vorfeed’s outfit only it’ll need some modification before I’ll wear it.  The neckline is waaaaay to low and needs to be brought up.  Also there is a huge side slit that won’t exist when I’m done. 

msVorfeed5   p-canal2

The first picture is from the manga though I’m using the one on the right, from the anime, as my reference.  The skirt will be more like the one on the left, except without the lace, for my version though the rest of the outfit, except for the neckline will be like the image on the right.  I’ve been working on putting this cosplay together the most and have already located a potential wig as well as the dress and cape fabric and the ribbon.  I have no idea whatsoever as to how I’m going to make either the jewels or the poofy feathery-fur that hangs from her cape and shoulders. 

This is my list for now.  It is subject to change or addition.  I’m trying to keep this list manageable while having enough cosplays to last for the next con year.  If all goes well, I might even go to four cons next year.  But who knows what’s really going to happen.  I’m just trying to keep the list manageable while having a nice variety of challenging cosplays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment