Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Day

Just the other day, I was at a second hand store dropping off some old clothing. Naturally I looked around to see if there was anything I might like or have use for. That's when I stumbled upon it. The awesomest thing I ever did see. Uber long valence curtains. It was amazing. There were between 3-6 of them and it was $3 for the lot. I was in heaven. I know, what on earth do I find so exciting about valence curtains? Only this, they were the perfect color and design to make a tiered Civil War ball gown!!! Everything was accurate, even down to the lace fringe!!! Naturally, I bought them. I also scored enough material to make a Colonial skirt, sleeves, and stomacher for $2!!! But my really happy note is that I've wanted to make a Civil War ball gown (including hoop skirt) even before I started sewing!!! Now I just need a few more yards of fabric for the bodice, thread, and maybe a few accessories, and I can make the dress!! I just need to figure out if this costume will be costume #3 or costume #4 (see previous post). Other than that, I'm game. *^p^*

No comments:

Post a Comment